Stay motivated: Set some goals
February 19, 2018
Maintaining motivation throughout the semester can be hard.
One thing that can help keep you motivated is thinking about your goals.
Start by writing down your long-term goals (think about why you are studying and what you hope to achieve).
Next set some short-term goals (for the next few weeks – such as study activities, like doing your course readings or organising your time). Keep a copy of your goals near where you study and cross them off when you achieve them.
Keeping a clear focus on your goals will help keep you motivated.
For more on getting motivated see http://owll.massey.ac.nz/study-skills/goals-and-motivation.php
- StudyUp: Online workshops on improving your memory and referencing
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Writing a Literature Review
- StudyUp: Online workshops on essay writing and critical analysis
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Academic Writing for Postgraduate Assignments
- StudyUp: Online workshops on avoiding plagiarism and constructing a paragraph