Ways to avoid plagiarism
March 17, 2017
Concerns about plagiarism are common, especially among new students.
There are a couple of measures you can take to ensure you don’t accidentally plagiarise.
The first is to take good notes. When taking notes make sure you include a full reference listing to indicate where you got the information from. Make sure you distinguish quotes in your notes from paraphrasing (by using quote marks or a different colour for quotes).
The second is to take care to reference all information full. Make sure you reference where you got your information from through in-text citations, including when you paraphrase. Make sure every source cited in the text is included in the reference list.
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Academic writing for postgraduate assignments
- StudyUp: Online workshops on time management and reading effectively
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Academic knowledge and learning for postgraduate assignments
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Effective Oral Presentations
- StudyUp Postgraduate: Writing a Research Proposal