Set some goals and get motivated
March 3, 2017
Setting goals can help motivate you.
Start by setting some long-term goals (e.g. achieving the qualifications you need for your dream job).
Next, set some medium-term goals (such as completing all your semester 1 papers).
Finally, set some short-term goals, which could include things like readings, answer quizzes, or participating in a discussion forum).
Tick off your short-term goals when you achieve them.
Set new short-term goals (write a to do list) each week.
Display your goals in the area where you study and remind yourself of what you want to achieve when you sit down to study.
The Assignment Planning Calculator can help you break down the assignment into smaller, more manageable tasks and fill in your to do list each.
For further help with getting yourself organised see:
- StudyUp: Online workshops on improving your memory and referencing
- StudyUp: Online workshops on essay writing and critical analysis
- StudyUp: Online workshops on avoiding plagiarism and constructing a paragraph
- StudyUp: Online workshops on time management and strategic reading
- Some time management tips