EndNote For Mac: Tips For Best Performance
May 27, 2009
1. Important Note: Uninstall any existing version
Before installing EndNote, make sure any earlier versions have been uninstalled to avoid possible conflicts. You can uninstall EndNote by opening EndNote, going to the EndNote menu: Customizer. Select all the options, and click then click Uninstall. Quit EndNote and trash the EndNote folder from the Applications folder. Once in the Trash, Empty the Trash to ensure it is fully uninstalled.
2. Check you have the latest versions of your Mac OS and Word including patches or updates:
- Mac OS
Mac OS X: Go to the Apple menu: select the App Store and check for any system Updates for your current OS X version.
Go to Word’s Help menu, and select Check for updates while connected to the internet. Keep doing this until it says there are no updates available. (This may not work for some on-campus wireless users, in which case download and run the relevant Office patches from Microsoft.)
Restart the machine to ensure chaneges are loaded.
You can now install EndNote.
Restart the machine.
- Some machines may give a security warning when trying to run the installer. Right-(or CTRL-) click on the file and choose the Open options to override this.
- When you first open EndNote, allow it to run any updates (if prompted).
- Run our Massey Profile Installer after any EndNote updates to ensure your settings are current.
- You will need restart your computer after install/updates to ensure settings are correctly loaded.